Neconde Energy Limited reserves the rights to gather, store and use personal information about its employees, contractors, suppliers and others who willingly submit their personal information to the company
· This personal information include any factual or subjective information, about an identifiable individual, business contact information including title, business address, business telephone number or business email address.
· The collection, use and disclosure of data or information about individuals are subject to the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the privacy of information.
· Neconde Energy Limited respects the rights to privacy of each individual’s personal information and hasadopted policies, procedures and practices to protect those rights.
· Neconde Energy Limited seeks a balance between an individual’s privacy andthe exchange of information necessary to do business. It is Neconde Energy Limited’s policy to collectand handle personal information in a fair and lawful manner for legitimate businesspurposes.
· Neconde Energy Limited has implemented a communication and education program to ensure thatindividuals collecting, using or disclosing personal information in the course of theirduties on behalf of Neconde Energy Limited are aware of their responsibility to protect the privacy rightsof all individuals. These Privacy concern guidelines are listed below.
Neconde Energy Limited is responsible for personal information under its control and shalldesignate an individual to be accountable for the organization’s compliance with theseprinciples.
2. Identifying Purposes
The purposes for the collection of personal information must be identified at or before the time of collection. All persons collecting personal information on Neconde Energy Limited’s behalf are required to be familiar with the purpose for its use. When new purposes are identified, the appropriate level of consent will be obtained prior to use of the information.
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use anddisclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate. Where practical, Neconde Energy Limited will seek express consent (either written or verbal), for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, especially information that may be considered sensitive. Neconde Energy Limited strives to obtain consent for use in all circumstances except for:
· .. collection of the personal information is clearly in the interests of the individual,
· .. Investigation of an incident or breach of agreement is on-going,
· .. Journalistic, artistic or related purposes,
· .. Information that is publicly available,
· .. In the event of emergency,
· .. Where required by law, including legislation, regulations or order of a competentauthority.
4. Limiting Collection
The amount and type of information gathered must be limited to what is necessary for the identified purposes. Neconde Energy Limited will not collect personal information indiscriminately.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Information must be used only for the purposes for which it was collected, unless theindividual consents to alternate use, or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. Purposes for use of personal information will be identified and documented. Guides for retention and destruction of personal information that is no longer required will be implemented.
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for thepurposes for which it is to be used. Neconde Energy Limited will foster practices to achieve initial and on-going accuracy.
Personal information must be protected by security safeguards appropriate to thesensitivity of the information. Neconde Energy Limited will employ methods of protection of personal information including:
· .. physical measures (e.g., locked filing cabinets and desks, restricted access tofloors and offices)
· .. Organizational measures (e.g.., security clearance, access by authorizedindividuals only)
· .. Technological measures (e.g., passwords, encryption)
· .. All persons who access confidential personal information held by Neconde Energy Limited arerequired to keep such information confidential.
An organization must make readily available to individuals specific information about itspolicies and practices relating to the management of personal information. Neconde Energy Limited will make policies available as appropriate for internal or external enquiries.
9. Individual Access
Upon request an individual must be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of hisor her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. Neconde Energy Limited upholds the reasonable right of access and review of personal information and will make request for access to personal information procedures available.
10. Challenging Compliance
Individuals must be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with theseprinciples to a designated individual accountable for the organization’s compliance. Neconde Energy Limited recognizes the rights of individuals to raise any concerns they may have regarding privacy of their personal information. All enquiries will be addressed with a view to early and amicable resolution. In the event of a complaint, and with the consent of the Neconde Energy Limited Privacy Coordinator and the individual making the complaint, mediation of the complaint will be pursued. Neconde Energy Limited will review these privacy principles and embodied standards on an on-going basis to ensure they remain relevant and current with respect to changing privacy legislation.
Neconde Energy Limited’s Privacy Coordinator under the direction of the Head of Administration or Human Relations is responsible for privacy matters within Neconde Energy Limited and oversees the maintenance, regular review and interpretation of this Privacy Statement and related policies and procedures.